Drug Name Search
By Therapeutic Class
- ANTI-ADDICTION/SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT AGENTS
- ANTIDEMENTIA AGENTS
- ANTIGOUT AGENTS
- ANTIMIGRAINE AGENTS
- ANTIMYASTHENIC AGENTS
- ANTINEOPLASTIC AGENTS
- ANTIPARKINSON AGENTS
- ANTISPASTICITY AGENTS
- BIPOLAR AGENTS
- BLOOD GLUCOSE REGULATORS
- BLOOD PRODUCTS/MODIFIERS/VOLUME EXPANDERS
- CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
- DENTAL AND ORAL AGENTS
- DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS
- ENZYME REPLACEMENT/MODIFIERS
- GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
- GENETIC OR ENZYME DISORDER: REPLACEMENT, MODIFIERS, TREATMENT
- GENITOURINARY AGENTS
- HORMONAL AGENTS
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (ADRENAL)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (PITUITARY)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (SEX HORMONES/MODIFIERS)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (THYROID)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (PITUITARY)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (THYROID)
- IMMUNOLOGICAL AGENTS
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE AGENTS
- METABOLIC BONE DISEASE AGENTS
- MISCELLANEOUS THERAPEUTIC AGENTS
- OPHTHALMIC AGENTS
- OTIC AGENTS
- RESPIRATORY TRACT/PULMONARY AGENTS
- SKELETAL MUSCLE RELAXANTS
- SLEEP DISORDER AGENTS
- THERAPEUTIC NUTRIENTS/MINERALS/ELECTROLYTES
Tuality Health Alliance
The formulary is a list of drugs that are covered. The list is from a healthcare team that makes sure drugs are safe and effective. We update the formulary at least once a year. We will tell you about changes that affect you at least 30 days ahead of time.
For a copy of our coverage list, click the link below.
How to Search
- Drug name: You can look up the drug by its name.
- By Use: Drugs used to treat the same things are listed together. For example, drugs used to treat infections are listed under “Antibiotics.”
Limits and restrictions
Drugs that have limits or need more information before they are covered, are listed in these ways:
- Prior Approval (PA): Your provider will need to fill out a form and send it to us so we can review if the drug is covered.
- Step Therapy (ST): You may need to first try another drug or series of drugs.
- Quantity Limit (QL): A limited amount of drug is covered without our approval.
- Age Limit (AL1): These drugs are covered only for certain ages. If you are younger or older than the age listed, we will need more information from your provider before we will cover the drug.
- Non-Formulary (NF): These drugs are not on the coverage list. You may need to try formulary drugs before we will cover the drug.
- Specialty Drug (S): You will need to fill the drug at a specialty pharmacy.
Drugs not covered
Drugs that are not covered include the following:
- Drugs that are not in the formulary
- Drugs not used for approved medical reasons
- Drugs used for conditions not covered by the Oregon Health Plan
- Drugs used for research
- Drugs used for cosmetic reasons
Mental health drugs are not on our coverage list, but are covered by the Oregon Health Authority drug program.
How to request an exception
Drugs not on the formulary may not be covered. Your provider can send in a form asking that we cover the drug for you. This form can be found on our website at: THA Drug Prior Authorization Form. Once we receive this form, we will see if we are able to cover the drug.
Most of the drugs on the formulary can be filled at our retail pharmacies. Specialty drugs are filled at a specialty pharmacy. For information about pharmacies that we work with, call our Customer Service department at the number below.
If you have questions or need help, visit our website or call our Customer Service department Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm PST.