Drug Name Search
Disclaimer: Inclusion of a drug on the formulary does not guarantee coverage under your plan. Please check your specific Certificate of Coverage for applicable benefits and exclusions or contact our Customer Service at 1-800-394-5566 to verify benefits as necessary.
By Therapeutic Class
- ANTI-ADDICTION/SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT AGENTS
- ANTIDEMENTIA AGENTS
- ANTIGOUT AGENTS
- ANTIMIGRAINE AGENTS
- ANTIMYASTHENIC AGENTS
- ANTIPARKINSON AGENTS
- BIPOLAR AGENTS
- BLOOD GLUCOSE REGULATORS
- BLOOD PRODUCTS/MODIFIERS/VOLUME EXPANDERS
- CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
- DENTAL AND ORAL AGENTS
- DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS
- ENZYME REPLACEMENT/MODIFIERS
- GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
- GENITOURINARY AGENTS
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (ADRENAL)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (PITUITARY)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (SEX HORMONES/MODIFIERS)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (THYROID)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (PARATHYROID)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (PITUITARY)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (THYROID)
- IMMUNOLOGICAL AGENTS
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE AGENTS
- METABOLIC BONE DISEASE AGENTS
- MISCELLANEOUS THERAPEUTIC AGENTS
- OPHTHALMIC AGENTS
- OTIC AGENTS
- RESPIRATORY TRACT/PULMONARY AGENTS
- SKELETAL MUSCLE RELAXANTS
- SLEEP DISORDER AGENTS
- THERAPEUTIC NUTRIENTS/MINERALS/ELECTROLYTES
UW Health Senior Preferred Medicare 2017 Part D
We cover both brand name drugs and generic drugs. Generic drugs have the same active-ingredient formula as a brand name drug. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs and are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs. Visit www.seniorpreferred.org for additional information and resources.
What is a Formulary?
A formulary is a list of covered drugs which represents the prescription therapies believed to be a necessary part of a quality treatment program. We will generally cover the drugs listed in our formulary as long as the drug is medically necessary, the prescription is filled at a network pharmacy, and other plan rules are followed. For more information on how to fill your prescriptions, please review your Evidence of Coverage.
The following files require Adobe Acrobat. Download Adobe Acrobat
- Printable Formulary
- Printable Formulary (Large Print)
- Prior Authorization
- Step Therapy
- Quantity Limit
- Formulary Change History
- Coverage Determination Form (Prior Authorization)
How to Search For Drugs
- Use the alphabetical list to search by the first letter of your medication.
- Search by typing part of the generic (chemical) and brand (trade) names.
- Search by selecting the therapeutic class of the medication you are looking for.
How to Request an ExceptionYou can ask us to make an exception to our coverage rules. There are several types of exceptions that you can ask us to make:
You should contact us to ask us for an initial coverage decision for a formulary, tiering or utilization restriction exception. When you are requesting a formulary, tiering or utilization restriction exception you should submit a statement from your physician supporting your request. Generally, we must make our decision within 72 hours of getting your prescribing physician’s supporting statement. You can request an expedited (fast) exception if you or your doctor believe that your health could be seriously harmed by waiting up to 72 hours for a decision. If your request to expedite is granted, we must give you a decision no later than 72 hours after we get your prescribing physician’s supporting statement.