Drug Name Search
By Therapeutic Class
- ANTI-ADDICTION/SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT AGENTS
- ANTIDEMENTIA AGENTS
- ANTIGOUT AGENTS
- ANTIMIGRAINE AGENTS
- ANTIMYASTHENIC AGENTS
- ANTIPARKINSON AGENTS
- ANTISPASTICITY AGENTS
- BIPOLAR AGENTS
- BLOOD GLUCOSE REGULATORS
- BLOOD PRODUCTS/MODIFIERS/VOLUME EXPANDERS
- CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
- DENTAL AND ORAL AGENTS
- DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS
- GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
- GENETIC OR ENZYME DISORDER: REPLACEMENT, MODIFIERS, TREATMENT
- GENITOURINARY AGENTS
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (ADRENAL)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (PITUITARY)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (PROSTAGLANDINS)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (SEX HORMONES/MODIFIERS)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING (THYROID)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (PITUITARY)
- HORMONAL AGENTS, SUPPRESSANT (THYROID)
- IMMUNOLOGICAL AGENTS
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE AGENTS
- METABOLIC BONE DISEASE AGENTS
- MISCELLANEOUS THERAPEUTIC AGENTS
- OPHTHALMIC AGENTS
- OTIC AGENTS
- RESPIRATORY TRACT/PULMONARY AGENTS
- SKELETAL MUSCLE RELAXANTS
- SLEEP DISORDER AGENTS
2020 CLEARSCRIPT PHARMACY BENEFIT PROGRAM
The ClearScript Formulary is a list of generic and brand name medications that can be used to guide you and your physician in selecting medications that offer the best clinical and cost value. This formulary and clinical review criteria are developed based on the recommendations of an independent Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, which includes practicing physicians and pharmacists. The drugs on this formulary have been evaluated for their safety, effectiveness, uniqueness and cost.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This formulary search tool and the printable files posted below include all drugs on the ClearScript Formulary. This formulary is not a complete list of medications and is subject to change throughout the year. The presence of a medication on this formulary does not guarantee coverage. Coverage for specific drugs is determined by your benefit plan sponsor. Some plans do not cover all drugs on the formulary, and some plans may have requirements or limits on coverage for particular drugs.
Please refer to the benefit documents provided by your employer or health plan for information on your specific benefit coverage and copays. To access online information about your specific pharmacy benefit and your personal prescription claim history, return to the ClearScript Member page and create an account through the Member Log-in link.
You may also contact ClearScript at the toll-free number on the back of your Member ID card to speak with a representative about your pharmacy benefit coverage.
The following files require Adobe Acrobat. Download Adobe Acrobat
- Printable Formulary
- Abridged Formulary (Utilization)
- Specialty Drug List
- Prior Authorization Drug List
- Quantity Limit (Alphabetic Listing)
- Step Therapy Drug List
How to Search for Drugs
- Use the alphabetical list to search by the first letter of your medication.
- Search by typing part of the generic (chemical) and brand (trade) names.
- Search by selecting the therapeutic class of the medication you are looking for.
Clinical Reviews, Claim Denials and Appeals
Drugs requiring prior authorization or step therapy may require your doctor to request a clinical review to determine coverage. Your doctor can submit a request for clinical review on your behalf by contacting the number on the back of your ID card or by completing the Authorization Request form found on the ClearScript Member page.
Clinical review decisions are based on criteria developed from peer-reviewed publications, evidence-based research, and widely accepted medical practice.
If you are not satisfied with a coverage decision, you have the right to file an appeal according to the process outlined in your plan’s Summary Plan Document. Please refer to your benefit plan documents for information on your Rights of Appeal and the appeal process.